Institutions interested in learning more about membership should direct inquiry to The Boston Consortium or contact any RMG Board member.
Interested and successful candidate institutions must demonstrate many of the following:
- A qualified tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501 (C) (3) of the code.
- Financially sound private educational institution
- Risk management vision and philosophy consistent with that of RMG.
- Institutions with a hospital, medical school or extensive research facilities are excluded.
- Commit to the concept of executing common best practices.
The membership process for institutional candidates includes:
- RMG Board discussion and acceptance of candidacy.
- Campus visit and interview Consortia Risk Management (RM)
- Audit and assessment of candidate risk management practices by Consortia RM
- Broker insurance program analysis and recommendation
- Written recommendation to RMG Board by Director.
- Optional - Board member site visit, invitation to RMG Board meeting
- RMG Board decision.
Membership in the Risk Management Group is by invitation.